Saturday 21 February 2009

Tommy Love and The Loungerines



There can be no better way to finish of Valentines day than to groove along to unique stylings of Wellington's finest purveyor of the Love Song, Mr Tommy Love. Ably assisted by the Loungerines, he performed a kind of retrospective cum autobiography to a very appreciative open air crowd near the harbour. I particularly enjoyed the Roller Skating numbers and the reworking of a jingle for the Discount Carpet Warehouse where he used to work. Young Theophilus is, of course, a fan of the smoochy ballad, but Jay found the whole thing a bit too loud and didn't really enjoy staying up so late.

But we can not spend all our time Disco Dancing. It is time for us to get our wheels on and head for the South Island. We have plans to hook up with more of Annie's friends in somewhere called Golden Bay, and I fully intend to live up to my promise to myself to find and fling myself down some hydroslides.

No comments:

Post a Comment