Friday 6 February 2009

Maranui Surf club



The Maranui Surf and Life Saving Club is a proper Beach cafe. It is on the Beach, and it's a cafe. I don't mean it's some kind of kiosk on the beach, It's a proper building. The Clubhouse for the surf club has a cafe on the first floor. It's surrounded by sand on three sides, and by the road on the other. Fantastic views of the rough waves crashing onto the sand and planes taking off from the airport just further on.

I didn't select the tradesman's special. I thought it would probably be fraudulent or disrespectful or both. I took the Victory Breakfast, which consists of 2 bits of 5 grain toast with 2 poached eggs; some grilled mushrooms with a kind of whole nut pesto stuff with big almonds in it; you've then got a side of spinach, a side of guacamole, some rosemary potatoes, and a few grilled tomatoes. What exactly I'm supposed to win after that I'm not sure, but I certainly felt like I deserved a trophy.

Oh my gosh! As I write, there has just been an earthquake! A bit of a rumble, like a train going past (of which there are none) followed by quite a thump to the building. Nothing on the news about it yet so presumably pretty minor. Must... publish... information... about... breakfast.......

No comments:

Post a Comment