Saturday 18 April 2009

I said I'm going to the Museum...



I'm not yet certain what effect taking Jay from school will have on him. I never thought it would be bad for him, and I prefer to show him that the world is a big place with all sorts of different things to do, than to ensure he knows knows all his times tables just yet. And I'm not certain if I'm providing evidence for or against Educational Institutions, but this photo was accompanied by Jay calling out 'I said I'm going to the Museum and I'm going to the Museum'.

The building in question is the Auckland Museum, with lots of Maori stuff (war canoes, kiwi feather cloaks) and stuff about the dude that climbed up Everest (his pick axe, video of him being very modest about it all). It is located in 'The Domain', Auckland's biggest city park. We also saw a band who do easy listening, smooth jazz versions of classic rock songs play in this park. A very coool way to spend a sunday afternoon.

But what can't you learn from jazz versions of Bob Dylan songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment